North Bay Immigration Attorney

Because she herself lives in an international household, Attorney Maria K. Matan understands the unique challenges families face when moving to another country. As someone who is already experienced in the complexities of these issues which face Californians, she works to make the process easier for individuals and families to make the move as smoothly as possible.

Family Immigration

Many times, one family member moves before the others, or family members are at different stages of the immigration process. This can cause problems as family members try to be self-sufficient and adapt to their new home.

Attorney Maria K. Matan understands the difficulties you go through when your family is separated or going through a stressful legal process, and works with them to solve these problems. She helps prepare family petitions so they can bring parents, children and other members to live with them.


When individuals are in still in another country, they can go through Consular Processing to get a green card which will allow them to live and work in the United States. All of the immigrant visa interviews in Mexico are conducted in Ciudad Juarez.

If they are already here, they can apply for Naturalization using the N-400 form in the country. Sometimes they can achieve waivers which will allow them to apply for an Adjustment of Status so that they can stay here legally without leaving again. Canadian and Mexican citizens can apply for a special TN classification that allows them to come here temporarily to work. Attorney Maria K. Matan can assist with any of these forms.


Once you meet certain requirements you are eligible to apply for citizenship. It is vital that you follow immigration rules, because failure to do so could impact your ability to be a citizen forever.

Sometimes you may not be eligible for immigration for certain reasons, and  Attorney Maria K. Matan will help you see if you are eligible for waivers or Perdones. For instance, you may be able to use an I-601A Application for Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver if you were here unlawfully.

Both she and her paralegal are bilingual, because they want to be able to serve the needs of English and Spanish speakers. For assistance with immigration issues, please feel free to call Maria K. Matan, Attorney at Law today for a consultation on your case.